Pages

Surfboards and Belly Casting

Viewer beware....some photos below show a lot more than a pregnant girl in an outfit. Don't worry, no nudity, just a forewarning to not be in shock if you wish to view. ;)

First off, decorating the baby's room never seems to be complete or maybe we just enjoy doing it. We had some surfboard wallies (aka wallpaper) and placed them on the wall above the closet. It took them about 3 times to finally stick - not sure if it was the heat or surface of the wall but we finally succumbed to using glue. And, no, we have no idea if they will ever come off when we move out. 

Jason wetting the surfboard wallies
Courtney spacing out the surfboards
So I've always thought it was a neat idea to make a belly cast when you're pregnant to remember the moment. I found an at home kit online the other day so I thought, why not?

Jason was the applicator while I was the model. It was messy but that made it more fun. It dried very quickly so the whole process took about 30 minutes. Once the cast completely dries in about 2 days I can put a sealant on it, sand it then paint it.




By the way, I am 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant today and in this photo.

Please submit ideas in the comment section on how I should paint it!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Dallas Cowboy star, front and center. No doubt! :)

Cathy said...

Your bubba's room looks fantastic!! You could have a page in House and Garden or something!! And the belly cast - what a classic!! YOu could make it a lamp shade! Court - your tummy is so pointy out in front - very cool.... not long now!! Best of luck with the birth which could be any minute for the next 4 weeks he he he. I always remember what one mum told me before I gave birth to Sunni "Your body was designed to do this" Go girl!

Bendabl said...

Oh Courtney, why does this not suprise me!!! hahaha!!!! I have no clue what you could paint on there, my only advice is just think if you do keep it for years make sure it's something you'll want to look at painted 10 years from now. haha! Where are you going to put that thing is what I want to know! Sufboards are super cute!! So ready for that baby to get here!

Kristi said...

i love the cast just plain white, but i have had friends wait and let the child paint it when their older (like five or six).

thank you for your kind words over on my little blog. they made me smile. yay, it looks like you got you photos larger.

ps. you look amazing, truly. looking forward to all the baby pics.

Post a Comment